Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Christmas Card that Never Was

Things were really crazy before Christmas. I wanted so badly to do a nice family photo for our Christmas card, but I quickly found myself running out of time and creative ideas. My best friend, and incredibly talented seamstress, Danielle from The Little Pink Peony had just made Molly a gorgeous infinity scarf, so I decided on a whim that a picture of my cutie kiddo in her new scarf and peacoat, would make for a perfect Christmas card.

I never ended up using the photo for the card, as I did find 15 minutes later on that week to set up a tripod and get a relatively normal looking photo of the three of us and our dog for a family picture. But I keep coming back to my five minute photo shoot with Molly in front of our neighbor's tree (because they totally would not have though it was weird to look outside and see me with my huge camera taking pictures of my kid on their lawn without permission) and laughing because the outtakes are so Molly being Molly, especially when she lets me take her photo.

Here are some of my favorite outtakes from our very quick December photo shoot.

The "Cheese" Face

The "Hey, What's Over There??" Face
The "I Can't Believe She is Making Me Wear This Dumb Headband" Face
The "Hey, Why the Heck Did We Leave that Gorgeous Light??" Face
The "You Know You Want to Give Me a Donut" Face
The "Pensive" Face
The "I'm Just Going to Stand Here and Be Cute" Face

And a few of my "normal" favorites. :)




I'm so lucky to have such an amazing kiddo, who is my most favorite model.

1 comment: