This year I give thanks for, in no particular order
(aside from 1 and 2 which really are a tie):
1. My smart, beautiful, and awe-inspiring daughter, Molly.
2. My incredible and handsome husband, James.
3. My house, which is small and messy, but is home.
4. My photography business. The fact that it exists blows my mind every.single.day.
5. My amazing clients and fans of my photography. I could go on and on and on about all the reasons they are amazing. But, simply put, my business would not exist without them.
6. My blog readers (that's YOU!). Because you let me spout off, you don't give me crap for only posting once and awhile, and I really think you get me. And that's tough to do.
7. My family, extended family, and friends. There are so many new babies, and new adventures going on. I love hearing about everyone's lives and seeing their pictures.
8. My parents and my in-laws, who have saved our butts on numerous occasions over the past year as we dealt with travel, sickness, class, weddings, and life. We both would have been fired by now if it weren't for them!
9. Wine. But I think you knew that was coming.
10. My co-workers in the Admission office. Every day, literally every day, I remember how lucky I am to work with such an amazing group of people. We have our challenges but we are one hell of a team.
11. Coupons. Because I'm cheap, and they make me less poor.
12. My Massholes. You know who you are. You guys make me sane most days.
13. Facebook. I know that's weird. But I think we take for granted what Facebook gives to us...the ability to connect and re-connect with so many people. Plus it makes us feel ridiculously loved on our birthdays or when we have babies.
14. The fact that Molly sleeps through the night. And pretty much everything else that she does. But the sleeping is really freaking high on the list.
15. WPOR 101.9 Because they gave me Kenny Chesney tickets. And because, even though I couldn't go, the look on my husband's face when I told him the reason I was screaming like a 13 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert was because I won Kenny tickets was seriously priceless.
16. Our daycare. Sending Molly to daycare was hands down the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. But they are incredible and loving, and she loves the crap out of them. We are so, so lucky to have found them. Now if we could only convince them to keep her after age 2...
17. Flannel sheets. Is there really anything better than the first night you have flannels on your bed each fall?
18. Hampton Inns. The beds, the coffee, the breakfast. If I have to be away from home, I love being at a Hampton!
19. Maine. Yes, Maine. If there is one thing I've learned while being a wedding photographer, it's that we live in one gorgeous state. The ocean, the lakes, the trees, the ponds, the mountains. Man, I'm lucky to live here.
20. Lady Antebellum. I know I talk about them a lot lately. But over this past year, their music has really struck a chord with me (get it? Hahaha). Seriously. Their lyrics about parenthood, marriage, growing up, and life in general just fit my life right now, and when I'm stressed or upset, listening to them gives me hope and makes me smile.
21. Real Maine Weddings. Because they were the first in the wedding business to in some way, publicly recognize me as a wedding professional. The first time I saw one of my pictures on their website I literally cried, and I feel so lucky to have been featured with them a few more times since. They gave me a lot of confidence to keep going and they don't even know it!
22. Amazon. Actually, Amazon Prime. Free two day shipping is awesome. Especially when it's two days before a wedding or bridal shower and you haven't made it to the store and have absolutely no time to do so. Live savers.
23. Green Mountain Blueberry Coffee. Game changer. Add french vanilla creamer and you are floating on air.
24. Grey's Anatomy. How did it seriously take me 7 years to find this show??!! LOVE it!
25. (Man, this is getting hard....) Pioneer Woman. Her posts make me laugh, and her contests make me feisty. One day I will win, really, every one of her 456,000 entries has a chance!
26. My red peacoat. Laugh if you will, but after years of wanting one, I finally treated myself last winter and I'm dying to put it on this year!
27. Pre-pregnancy jeans. Oh what a feeling...
28. Yo Gabba Gabba. Because it saves my sanity several times a week.
29. Banana Republic sales which have kindly re-stocked my post-baby wardrobe.
30. Anything else I may have missed! This is not a cop-out. As a businesswoman I feel that I need to cover all my bases. So if I missed you...consider yourself thanked. :)
Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!