- 4 cups shredded chicken
- 1.5 sticks butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 whole small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 can (14oz) low sodium chicken broth
- 1 can low sodium cream of chicken soup
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups Bisquick Mix
- 1.5 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Prepare shredded chicken. This can be done in a number of ways, but I chose the boiling method: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add three chicken breasts and boil about 20 minutes or until the center is no longer pink. Be careful not to overcook. Remove from water and pull apart with a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 stick of butter with the minced garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Place the shredded chicken in a greased casserole dish.
- In a large saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Saute the onions in the butter over medium-high heat for approximately 4 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add flour and chicken broth. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the cream of chicken soup and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture over the shredded chicken and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Bisquick, milk, and shredded cheese. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the chicken. (Note: depending on the size of your dish, it may not completely cover the mixture. Don't worry, it spreads when it cooks!)
- Baste the biscuits with the garlic butter and bake for 22-25 minutes.
I hope you like it as much as we did!