I recently starting trying out some of her food recipes, and this one very quickly became my new favorite dish. The first time I made it I felt like I was sitting at the Olive Garden. All I needed were the breadsticks and salad!
Grilled Chicken with Lemon Basil Pasta
- 3-4 chicken breasts, seasoned (I use 2 parts basil, 1 part rosemary, 1/2 part oregano, 1/4 part thyme)
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 jumbo lemon, juiced
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1.5 cups grated parmesean cheese
- 20 whole fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook chicken breasts. I cook them in strips, but you can cook and strip or cube after if that's easier for you.
- Cook the pasta.
- Melt the butter over medium heat. Add lemon juice. Whisk together.
- Pour in cream and half-and-half. Whisk until hot.
- Dump in the cheese and whisk until melted.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- Pour the pasta and sauce into a large serving bowl. Sprinkle the basil over the top and add the chicken breasts.
The only thing I do caution is to watch your timing so the cheese mixture is ready just as the pasta and chicken get done. Overall, the recipe is super easy though, and makes enough for leftovers the next day!